young artisan: class returns in 2018.
WHEN & WHERE TO MEET
- Paradise Canyon Elementary: Class Returns in 2018.
- La Canada Elementary: Class Returns in 2018.
- Palm Crest Elementary: Class Returns in 2018.
WHAT TO EXPECT
We’re planning an exciting program where the students will explore their creativity and learn the real-world process of turning their ideas into something real. There will be lessons and activities geared towards making the learning process fun. Each week we will work through a step of the product creation process culminating with the students presenting their ideas to the public at the Montrose Farmer’s Market. Teamwork activities and real world reference materials will supplement the lessons along the way.
- Once a week, 1.5-hour meeting for 12 weeks
- 20 students per class, 2 instructors and 4 mentors (Minimum of 10 students to start a class)
- Students in teams of 4, with oldest as team leader
WHAT TO BRING
- A light snack (A bag of munchies & water)
- A positive attitude and an inquisitive mind!
PROGRAM WEEKLY SCHEDULE
- Week 1: Market Survey (Field trip #1: Montrose Farmer’s Market visit on the following Sunday)
- Week 2 : Unique Selling Proposition
- Week 3 : Pitch Development
- Week 4 : Internal Pitch Presentation
- Week 5 : District-Wide Pitch Competition
- Week 6 : Branding, Signage & Booth Development (Field trip #2)
- Week 7 : Product Development
- Week 8 : Financial Analysis (Price/ cost/ revenue/ profit)
- Week 9 : Internal Demo Day
- Week 10 : Salesmanship
- Week 11 : Charitable Give Back
- Week 12 : Recognition & Celebration (Demo Day will occur on the Sunday of this week)
We encourage the participation of parents as mentors of our young entrepreneurs. Please contact Eric or Zach to let us know if and how you can participate
- General registration: $365 per 12-week session.
- Best Friend Bonus: If you signup with a friend, we will refund $50 at end of registration period as a Best Friend Bonus. Be sure to provide Best Friend Bonus information when making payment online or write us a note when drop-off a check*.
- Please drop-off checks at school offices (PCY, LCE or PCR). Make checks payable to “School-X” and place student name(s) on the checks*.
*You MUST register online regardless of payment method. If you wish to pay by check or use a voucher from La Canada Education Foundation, please check the appropriate boxes during the checkout process to by-pass online payment.
- Full refund for students withdraw prior class starts
- 50% refund for students withdraw after class started
- No refund for students withdraw 3 weeks after class started
The class returns in 2018.