young directors: Class returns in 2018
WHEN & WHERE TO MEET
- Paradise Canyon Elementary: Class Returns in 2018.
- Palm Crest Elementary: Class Returns in 2018.
- La Canada Elementary: Class Returns in 2018.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Young Director teaches children in grades 2-6 the basics of entrepreneurship while encouraging them to celebrate their entrepreneurial accomplishment by creating their short films. Students have opportunity to experience film development cycle from storytelling, story board, casting to film production. At end of the session, students run a film festival for the La Canada community.
- Once a week, 1.5-hour meeting for 12 weeks
- 20 students per class, 2 instructors and 4 mentors (Minimum of 12 students to start a class)
- Students in teams of 4, with oldest as team leader
WHAT TO BRING
- A light snack (A bag of munchies & water)
- A positive attitude and an inquisitive mind!
PROGRAM WEEKLY SCHEDULE
- Week 1 : Orientation
- Week 2 : Story Telling
- Week 3 : Framing
- Week 4 : Story Board Development
- Week 5 : Casting
- Week 6 : Filming
- Week 7 : Film Footage Review & Critique
- Week 8 : Introduction to iMovie
- Week 9 : Post Production Session #1 at Pasadena Apple Store*
- Week 10 : Post Production Session #2 at Pasadena Apple Store*
- Week 11 : Film Festival Planning & Marketing
- Week 12 : Recognition & Celebration
*Apple Store does not charge a fee for services offered to School-X students.
We encourage the participation of parents as mentors of our young entrepreneurs. Please contact Eric or Zach to let us know if and how you can participate
- General registration: $365 per 12-week session.
- Best Friend Bonus: If you signup with a friend, we will refund $50 at end of registration period as a Best Friend Bonus. Be sure to provide Best Friend Bonus information when making payment online or write us a note when drop-off a check*.
- Please drop-off checks at school offices (PCY, LCE or PCR). Make checks payable to “School-X” and place student name(s) on the checks*.
*You MUST register online regardless of payment method. If you wish to pay by check or use a voucher from La Canada Education Foundation, please check the appropriate boxes during the checkout process to by-pass online payment.
- Full refund for students withdraw prior class starts
- 50% refund for students withdraw after class started
- No refund for students withdraw 3 weeks after class started
If you wish to register and pay for the class online, please visit the online registration form
If class of your choice is closed, please submit your child’s / children’s information to be place on a waiting list. Thank you.