young INFLUENCERS: fall 2018 session overview
WHEN & WHERE TO MEET
- PCY: Mondays, 3pm- 4:30pm in the Library - Registration closed (Class starts on 9/10)
- PCR: Tuesdays, 3pm- 4:30pm in the MPR - Registration closed (Class starts on 9/11)
- LCE: Wednesdays, 3pm-4:30pm in the Cafeteria (Class starts on 9/12)
If you wish to register and pay for the class online, please visit the online registration form
If the class of your choice is closed, please submit your child’s/children’s information to be placed on a waiting list.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Do you want to be a young influencer marketing your favorite products on YouTube? Well, here is your chance! Students will create "open box" videos on YouTube selling their favorite educational products online. In a hands-on fashion, students will learn the skills of script development, presentation, public speaking, teamwork, movie making, branding, online marketing, social media engagement, product fulfillment, and social giveback. It will be a fun and educational adventure you don't want to miss.
- Once a week, 1.5-hour meeting for 12 weeks
- 20 students per class (Minimum of 12 students to start a class)
WHAT TO BRING
- A light snack (A bag of munchies & water)
- A positive attitude and an inquisitive mind!
PROGRAM WEEKLY SCHEDULE
- Week 1 : What is a Young Influencer? Find your own voice.
- Week 2 : Script/Storyboard development. Social giveback.
- Week 3 : Presentation/public speaking
- Week 4 : Filming techniques
- Week 5 : Post production -iMovie
- Week 6 : Mid-term presentation
- Week 7 : Sell your products on Amazon
- Week 8 : Advertise on print media - advertisement development
- Week 9 : Advertise in your community - flyer development
- Week 10 : Create a community with social media - Facebook & Instagram
- Week 11 : Measure your success with Google Analytics
- Week 12 : Recognition & Celebration
We encourage the participation of parents as mentors of our young entrepreneurs. Please contact Susan to let us know if and how you can participate
- General registration: $325 per 12-week session.
- Best Friend Bonus: If you signup with a friend or sibling, we will refund $50 at the end of the registration period as a Best Friend Bonus. Be sure to provide Best Friend Bonus information when making your payment online or write us a note when dropping off a check*.
- Please drop off checks at the school offices (PCY, LCE or PCR). Make checks payable to “School-X” and place student name(s) on the checks*.
*To place your student(s) into the class roster properly, please register online regardless of payment method. If you wish to pay by check or use a voucher from La Canada Education Foundation, please check the appropriate boxes during the checkout process to by-pass online payment.
- Full refund for students who withdraw prior to the class start date
- 50% refund for students who withdraw after class has started
- No refund for students who withdraw 3 weeks after class has started