young social entrepreneurs: class returns in 2019
WHEN & WHERE TO MEET
- Paradise Canyon Elementary: Class Returns in 2019.
- Palm Crest Elementary: Class Returns in 2019.
- La Canada Elementary: Class Returns in 2019.
- Once a week, 1.5-hour meeting for 12 weeks
- 20 students per class, 2 instructors and 4 mentors (Minimum of 10 students to start a class)
- Students in teams of 4, with oldest as team leader
WHAT TO BRING
- A light snack (A bag of munchies & water)
- A positive attitude and an inquisitive mind!
PROGRAM WEEKLY SCHEDULE
- Week 1: Introduction to Social Entrepreneurship
- Week 2: Product - Cause Alignment
- Week 3: Unique Selling Proposition
- Week 4: Pitch and Story Development
- Week 5: Internal Pitch Presentation
- Week 6: Pitch to Your Non-Profit Partners
- Week 7: Campaign Development (Field trip #1)
- Week 8: Product Development
- Week 9: Marketing & Packaging Development
- Week 10: Financial Analysis (Price/ cost/ revenue/ profit)
- Week 11: Internal Demo Day (Demo Day in collaboration with a social enterprise)
- Week 12: Recognition & Celebration
We encourage the participation of parents as mentors of our young entrepreneurs. Please contact Eric or Zach to let us know if and how you can participate
- General registration: $365 per 12-week session.
- Best Friend Bonus: If you signup with a friend, we will refund $50 at end of registration period as a Best Friend Bonus. Be sure to provide Best Friend Bonus information when making payment online or write us a note when drop-off a check*.
- Please drop-off checks at school offices (PCY, LCE or PCR). Make checks payable to “School-X” and place student name(s) on the checks*.
*You MUST register online regardless of payment method. If you wish to pay by check or use a voucher from La Canada Education Foundation, please check the appropriate boxes during the checkout process to by-pass online payment.
- Full refund for students withdraw prior class starts
- 50% refund for students withdraw after class started
- No refund for students withdraw 3 weeks after class started
The class returns in 2018.